Recruiting Tip: What’s the difference between the SAT, ACT and what do you need

If you are like many the thought of taking a standardized test can make you vomit within seconds. Unfortunately, if you are looking to pursue a student-athlete opportunity in the NCAA (including SFU in Canada) it is required for one to take either the SAT or the ACT standardized tests. While most universities accept either be sure to check with each university and each faculty or program you may be applying, as some will require specifically the ACT or the SAT.

This article is for CFC Insiders only

Become a CFC Insider Member to see this content. Please login  or Signup today!


CFC is the number one national amateur football website (source: and most respected source for high school and recruiting news in Canada.

About the ‘CFC Insider’

The 'CFC Insider' section is for the fan, player, coach, parent, looking for MORE. The mission of this exclusive membership section is to give more recruiting news, exclusive rankings and multi-series stories as well as coach-player instructional videos.

As a CFC INSIDER member, you will have access to:

Become a CFC Insider MEMBER today!