CFC Discussion Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

THE Greg Marshall to Guelph?

I heard from a source that Greg Marshall may be jumping ship from Western to Guelph? Anybody else heard anything close to this ... it'd send the Canadian football world into a frenzy!

It's not 100% he says but apparently there's been talks. Whoever gets hired is going to have some big shoes to fill.

Any other candidates floating around out there?

Tell me another story lol There's a lot of candidates out there, but I don't believe Marshall would be one of them. I'd be surprised if they poached another head coach. My instant thought was Stef Ptasek but he's probably getting paid well at UBC and just joined.

What about Ryan Sheahan at Calgary? Not sure what the relationship is there but could be a chance for him to return to the OUA.

Is Todd Galloway not an option to take over full time? The season is right around the corner this is an interesting twist.

Todd has never been interested in being a HC previously. Didn't apply at WLU or Guelph.

I've heard the same thing about Greg Marshall. Reasons given ... Guelph has resources he doesn't have at Western, particularly full-time coaches. Institutional support from the top down. It is his hometown. He's been at Western "long enough"/"looking for a change".

Other names ... Ptaszek, Mickey Donovan, Neil Lumsden, Steve Snider, Pat Tracey, Marcel Bellefeuille

From what I heard Ptaszek is making $60,000 at UBC for a part-time commitment.

Quote from Peter Gryphon on April 15, 2018, 8:02 pm

Todd has never been interested in being a HC previously. Didn't apply at WLU or Guelph.

I've heard the same thing about Greg Marshall. Reasons given ... Guelph has resources he doesn't have at Western, particularly full-time coaches. Institutional support from the top down. It is his hometown. He's been at Western "long enough"/"looking for a change".

Other names ... Ptaszek, Mickey Donovan, Neil Lumsden, Steve Snider, Pat Tracey, Marcel Bellefeuille

Very interesting thanks for the info. Makes sense he'd like the resources Guelph has been shelling out and he's been at Western for a long time and finally achieved the big one. Maybe time for a new challenge?

There should be no shortage of candidates, I can't think of many more desirable jobs in U Sports right now. Does this effect the team's performance next year? Guess it really depends on who they hire, I think Ptasek and Lumsden should be two quality candidates they look at.

If they land Marshall it'd be crazy, massive power swing then who would Western hire?

Quote from MalcDann82 on April 17, 2018, 11:22 am
Quote from Peter Gryphon on April 15, 2018, 8:02 pm

Very interesting thanks for the info. Makes sense he'd like the resources Guelph has been shelling out and he's been at Western for a long time and finally achieved the big one. Maybe time for a new challenge?

There should be no shortage of candidates, I can't think of many more desirable jobs in U Sports right now. Does this effect the team's performance next year? Guess it really depends on who they hire, I think Ptasek and Lumsden should be two quality candidates they look at.

If they land Marshall it'd be crazy, massive power swing then who would Western hire?

I'm still waiting lol ... I doubt they land Marshall still, but there's going to be a big splash somewhere in the pond

Only handful of people who are in a position to turn this job down

I doubt it is Greg Marshall.

I also have a hard time believing Neil Lumsden would give up the A.D. position at Brock to be back on the sidelines. Neil was seriously interested in the job before he took the Brock job in 2016 and he is a close friend of Stu Lang.

Quote from Peter Gryphon on April 22, 2018, 5:42 pm

I doubt it is Greg Marshall.

I also have a hard time believing Neil Lumsden would give up the A.D. position at Brock to be back on the sidelines. Neil was seriously interested in the job before he took the Brock job in 2016 and he is a close friend of Stu Lang.

I agree. I'm also hearing there's no way UBC let's one of their coordinators walk. Wouldn't make sense why Stef hadn't taken another job instead of the OC at UBC. I bet Mac would've had him back as head coach or higher role if he wanted, glad he's at UBC though!

I agree that Tracey and Ptaszek will almost certainly stick with UBC for the 2018 season. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if one, or both, are candidates come late November.

Quote from Peter Gryphon on April 25, 2018, 1:05 pm

I agree that Tracey and Ptaszek will almost certainly stick with UBC for the 2018 season. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if one, or both, are candidates come late November.

I agree, not this year but probably next. Interesting situation UBC has got themselves into, pretty much enjoy it while they can kind of approach I imagine.

Any word on the candidates right now Mr. Griffin? Seems like this got lost in the news cycle a little bit

Any word on the candidates right now Mr. Griffin?

The job won't be posted until November.

The only name I would add to my list above is Todd Galloway.

Loading cart ...